Does your home seem stuffier or smellier than usual? Believe it or not, both could have something to do with your cooling unit.
The Main Indicators of a Bad Cooling Unit
Cooling systems can go bad at any time and it’s important to detect implications of any serious problems early on. Here are 3 signs that you may have a bad air conditioner:
- Inconsistent temperatures: If your home still feels like a swamp even after the AC has been running for hours, it could indicate that your air conditioner is no longer working properly.
- Strange odors: When an air conditioner starts to malfunction, it will give off unusual smells. Moisture can also indicate a problem, especially if it’s inside your house.
- Your bills are skyrocketing: Energy bill fluctuations are normal when the seasons change, but if your bills are going through the roof, your AC probably isn’t functioning as well as it should.
In addition to the above, here are a few other things to keep in mind:
- Too many repairs: If your current AC system is continually undergoing extensive repairs, this means your cooling system has become less efficient, and that you may need to replace it soon.
- 10 and up: Air conditioners that are over 10 years old are ticking time bombs. They not only fail to keep your house cool; they can be a drain on your wallet.
Stay Cool With Professionals You Trust
Conduct Air Conditioning offers AC selections that can help you when the time comes to replace your bad unit. We offer great ducted air conditioning prices, cost-effective split system installation, any high quality split air conditioner, and much more. With our services, you’ll get a deal you won’t want to miss, so contact us today to learn more.